Will National Post print my response to "Holocaust denier" libel? UPDATE: ATTACKED BY JDL TERRORISTS?

























UPDATE: The good news is that the National Post has updated their story to reflect what I sent them (see below). The bad news is that I just got back from Quds day in Chicago and Toronto to find my car's brakes are completely gone – the pedal sinks to the floor with no resistance. I left the car on a street that is totally deserted on the weekend, near a Park-and-Ride (which was full). The brakes worked fine when I parked there to catch the bus to Chicago Friday afternoon.  

I don't know whether my brakes were sabotaged, or whether they just happened to completely go out while the car was sitting there for two days. In any case, B'nai B'rith and the National Post should  not be egging on the Jewish Defense League (JDL), a terrorist group listed by the FBI. B'nai B'rith and the National Post know that the JDL is (A) a terrorist group, and (B) the main force targeting the Toronto and Chicago Quds Day rallies where I spoke (as well as other Quds Day rallies around the country and the world). By spreading false, reckless, libelous assertions about me in a media hate campaign, these two organizations are essentially doing everything they can to instigate JDL terrorism. 

I am posting this from the fast food joint where I am waiting for a tow truck.

Kevin Barrett

The Canadian National Post has a history of hardcore Zionism; former editor Jonathan Kay, widely suspected of working for Mossad, produced the book-length ad-hominem attack on 9/11 truth, Among the Truthers, which includes an amazing amount of inaccurate information about yours truly.

Now the Post is at it again, whipping up hatred against yesterday's highly successful Quds Day demonstration in Toronto. They tried to get me banned from Canada, but the Canadian government was apparently having none of it. I was slowed down by a very thorough check, but not stopped, at the border, and was able to give a talk to the huge crowd assembled in Queen's Park – and to confront the small but very loud counter-demonstration of drooling Zionist idiots.

 The Zionist talking point this year was the libelous claim that I am a "Holocaust denier." But I have to at least give journalist Jack Hauen credit for including a good quote from me, and admitting that I vehemently contest the libelous "Holocaust denier" label.  Here is the article:

Jewish advocacy group launches petition to keep alleged 'Holocaust denier' out of Canada

Here is my response to the article, which the National Post has not yet printed:


 To the National Post,

Jack Hauen writes of me:

"Barrett also casts doubt on the generally accepted history of the Holocaust — he wrote that 'millions of people seem to have vanished without a trace' and called the story of Anne Frank a 'sub-myth of the larger myth of the Holocaust.'”

The “millions of people vanished” remark concerned the downgrading of officially listed Auschwitz victims by more than two million, which happened in the 1990s.  Ripped out of that context, the quote is likely to be misunderstood. Likewise, when I use the term “myth” to describe the Holocaust, it is clear I am using it in the scholarly sense of “sacred foundational narrative” NOT in the popular, non-academic sense of “untrue story.” 

By taking these quotes out of context, Hauen promotes the B’nai B’rith’s false and libelous assertion that I am a “Holocaust denier.”

Sincerely

Kevin Barrett


On Jun 24, 2017, at 8:32 AM, Kevin Barrett  wrote:

Hi Jack,

Sorry, I tried calling you without success. I was off-line at the Quds Day event and then socializing with my hosts.

One major factual error in your article:

"Barrett left his job at the University of Wisconsin in 2006 after stirring controversy over his support of a 9/11 conspiracy theory, which he says is unrelated to his decision to stop teaching."

I never made any decision to stop teaching. I want to be teaching. I kept applying for jobs after I was witch-hunted in 2006.. But I was blacklisted. Whistleblowers at UW-Madison and UW-Whitewater have said that I was the best person for various jobs (at Whitewater I was the only finalist for a tenure-track Islam/Humanities job) but they were forced to not hire me due to my politics. Howard Ross, then Dean of Humanities at Whitewater, has repeatedly said this. A source at UW-Madison will say it if asked. But no media ever reported this, despite the fact they gave the witch-hunt against me wall-to-wall coverage.

I was also turned down for an Islam-Humanities tenure-track job at the U. of Illinois for which I was eminently qualified. Like UW-Whitewater, they returned federal grant money and closed the position rather than hire me.

This and other evidence proves I have been politically blacklisted from working in the US academy, and robbed of $2 million in projected lifetime earnings, due to my beliefs about 9/11, which every single one of a great many colleagues with whom I discussed the matter privately admitted to me are likely true.

Best

Kevin


Labels: , , , , , ,